Anyone know what this little port does?

tbar23

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Briggs & Stratton generator wouldn't start recently. I got pretty aggressive on cleaning the carb including running a wire through various openings (I was pretty convinced the problem was the float needle valve seat - which was correct - but I couldn't get it cleaned). I ended up ordering a new valve seat and this got the engine running.
However, now if I leave the fuel valve open, I get a leak through the port circled in red below.
Anyone know what this is? It must have some kind of pressed-in check valve or I ruined some other valve. If I dry that port off and then open the fuel valve, it is clearly the source of my leak
Any simple fixes or am I looking at a new carb?

Thanks!

IMG_3299.jpeg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
if you have fuel coming out of that hole, the needle and seat are not sealing properly.
Did you install the seat ring side down?
If you would, please list the model number so we can see what engine we're dealing with, exactly.

tbar23

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks @Scrubcadet10 - I wondered which way the seat was supposed to be installed. I can’t quite remember which way I put it in. Is there a good way to remove those without damaging them?
I had trouble finding the exact model number of the engine, but I know that it is a Briggs & Stratton 030466-01 generator with a 250cc 1150 series OHV engine. I think it is model number 15T212-0223-F8, but I haven’t been able to verify that.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
not that i know of... it doesn't take much of an imperfection to cause a leak.
that would appear to be the correct model number