Anyone have any experience with video editing?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've recently digitalized like 6 old VHS tapes from years and years go. Seriously, like 30 gigs worth. I'm wanting to sort all these out, created a time line and put them on a disc for my kids and ex wife, and some other family members. So I'm looking for some free video editing software. Something easy to navigate, but still makes good quality video's.
I've got some experience with Windows Movie Maker, and may end up using it. But wanted check with some of yall before I decided.

On Youtube, a few youtubers say De Vinci 17 is a good. But it looks complicated.

RichardBatchelor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've tried it once using Final Cut Pro on my Mac. It seems like a complex job to do, requiring certain skills.

RachaelMosley

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you're seeking an app that is easy to navigate and still produces good-quality video, you might want to try a program like Movavi Video Editor (https://www.movavi.com/trailer-maker-online.html). It has all the basic features you need for video editing, including the ability to trim and cut clips, add transitions, and insert text and other elements. It's also user-friendly, even if you're new to video editing. Alternatively, you could try using a program like Windows Movie Maker, which is free and easy to use but might not have as many advanced features as some other programs.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
We use DaVinci Resolve at church. I would not recommend it fir a beginner. It has a fairly steep learning curve.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
We use DaVinci Resolve at church. I would not recommend it fir a beginner. It has a fairly steep learning curve.

Thanks for that advise. I only want to do these few hours of video editing. And since Kodak sent back an exact duplicate of what was on the 8mm reel, the quality of the video, and what's on the VHS, it's going to take a professional to make these look good. So, I'm thinking I'll just make them all Youtube video's and privately share them to those who are on them.
At least that's the current plan. Unless I can find something easy to use.