anyone gone from fulltime to part time?

lawnguy1

Threads
I'm full time and do auto repair on the side but recently decided to get my home inspectors license because I used to be in that field part time as well. If I decide to go full time with it il have to do lawncare only on the side, along with giving up working on cars on the side altogether. Has anyone made a similar transition? And if so, how rough is it not being able to do it all the time??

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm full time and do auto repair on the side but recently decided to get my home inspectors license because I used to be in that field part time as well. If I decide to go full time with it il have to do lawncare only on the side, along with giving up working on cars on the side altogether. Has anyone made a similar transition? And if so, how rough is it not being able to do it all the time??

I'm not even part-time....yet(of course I won't retire until October 2013....so we'll wait & see on that:0)
But in response to the great advice you gave me on the price of mulch in Hendersinville, versus here in the Mt. Juliet/Hermitage area if you get your home inspector's license let us know and if there's anyone I know that's in the home-buying market I'll send them your way(there's a LOT of homes selling here since the Providence Shopping area went in if you don't mind the drive to Mt. Juliet). And they are fixing to expand development including housing the other direction on the South side of Mt. Juliet Road towards Central Pike)
Good luck on your "career decision"!!!

lawnguy1

Threads
Thanks! That would be great and I wouldn't have a problem at all driving out there

Threads
I'm not even part-time....yet(of course I won't retire until October 2013....so we'll wait & see on that:0)
But in response to the great advice you gave me on the price of mulch in Hendersinville, versus here in the Mt. Juliet/Hermitage area if you get your home inspector's license let us know and if there's anyone I know that's in the home-buying market I'll send them your way(there's a LOT of homes selling here since the Providence Shopping area went in if you don't mind the drive to Mt. Juliet). And they are fixing to expand development including housing the other direction on the South side of Mt. Juliet Road towards Central Pike)
Good luck on your "career decision"!!!

Yep Mt.Juliet is growing like crazy.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep Mt.Juliet is growing like crazy.

wjjones,
Yep, property is one thing that they are not making any more of!!! We moved from Nashville to Hermitage to Old Hickory to Mt. Juliet. The further we got out of Metro Davidson County the better we liked it. Kids did better in the Wilson County School System(moving here was the best thing we ever did for them). When we built in 1990 there were about 20 total houses in our relatively new subdivision and felt like we were "livin in the country". Now there's over 200. Nowadays about all you can do(if you can afford it) is to buy 30 acres and build a house right in the middle of it if you want that "rural feel". Like I said in my first sentence.................:0)
Lucky for us, we've got really good neighbors(the ones on each side of us built the same time as we did and have been our neighbors for 23 years. Everyone in the subdivision takes good care of their place and it's still a LOT "quieter" than living in the Nashville "burbs".