Anyone familiar with a husqvarna cze 4818

DarrylSlater

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at a used husqvarna cze 4818 with 500 hours and I can't seem to find much on the net about this model. Anyone out there used one or know about them?

hitmanharleyk

Threads
I have a Husqvarna IZ4818 which is a commercial mower, is the CZE the home-owners version?

DarrylSlater

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna IZ4818 which is a commercial mower, is the CZE the home-owners version?

I'm not sure. I was told that it is commercial but I'm now having my doubts. If you look at a parts diagram: http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI2003_AAaa/HUSI2003_AAaa__1063124-61.pdf
You will notice that the deck seems stamped and that there are only 5 or six height adjustments. Commercials have welded decks do they not? Commercial machines normally have more height adjustments like yours I thought.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
I'd say it is a home-owners version. based on the below.

CZE
Stamped deck
B and S engine
Fuel capacity of 5.6 gallons
Ground speed of 5.5 mph

IZ
Welded deck
Kawasaki engine
Fuel capacity of 11 or 12 gallons
Ground speed of 8 or 9 mph

hitmanharleyk

Threads
I am looking at a used husqvarna cze 4818 with 500 hours and I can't seem to find much on the net about this model. Anyone out there used one or know about them?

Just based on what I've seen around shops, I wouldn't buy it unless it is just to good of a deal to pass up. I'm a fan of buying commercial if you can or atleast the home-owner versions you now see with welded decks. I just feel like buying a used home-owners model would be taking a huge chance on your part and this of course is without me seeing the unit, but with 500 hours I think you will be replacing some parts before long like deck spindles, ect. if they haven't already been replaced. My problem with buying non-commercial used is you usually have no idea as to if it was abused, I'd buy one new because then I'd know how it was treated before I got it.

DarrylSlater

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just based on what I've seen around shops, I wouldn't buy it unless it is just to good of a deal to pass up. I'm a fan of buying commercial if you can or atleast the home-owner versions you now see with welded decks. I just feel like buying a used home-owners model would be taking a huge chance on your part and this of course is without me seeing the unit, but with 500 hours I think you will be replacing some parts before long like deck spindles, ect. if they haven't already been replaced. My problem with buying non-commercial used is you usually have no idea as to if it was abused, I'd buy one new because then I'd know how it was treated before I got it.

Absolutely agree. I wouldn't buy a used homeowner version. They are priced reasonably enough to buy new and not take a risk. Thank you for your help as I may have made a big mistake. It's amazing how hard it is to find anything on the Internet about these models.

Cheers!