Anybody ever seen one of these?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been cleaning out my home office, came across a catalog of accessories for Polaris ATV's that was printed in Y2K, in the snow removal attachment section, Polaris offered a 48 inch, front mount snowblower attachment that mounted underneath the ATV, it was powered by a 13 hp rear engine that ran a driveshaft underneath to run the blower attachment. Price listed was $2995, and you needed a mandatory front plow blade mount (no price listed) to install the whole thing.

noma

Threads
Hi JD Green

My neighbor has won he got from someone used and retro fit it to his 4 wheeler ,blower has its own engine and the lift for the blade on his 4 wheeler lifts the snowblower up and down pretty cool . I think its 48 inch snowblower.

Attachments

• DSC01115.jpg
    DSC01115.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 61

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi JD Green

My neighbor has won he got from someone used and retro fit it to his 4 wheeler ,blower has its own engine and the lift for the blade on his 4 wheeler lifts the snowblower up and down pretty cool . I think its 48 inch snowblower.

Thanks for the info and for posting the pic, didn't know anybody made a blower for an ATV with the engine on the front...it must be very very hard to steer the ATV with all that weight hanging off the front, maybe the machine has rear weight brackets installed. We have a pair of Honda Foreman 450 ATV's, would love to retrofit one with a front blower if it were affordable.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi JD Green

Did some research and that appears to be a Snow Hogg brand, sold by one Honda dealer in Idaho, no price info available I can find. The information says the device itself rides on tracks underneath the frame of the ATV so it only carries about 40 pounds of the weight of the blower assembly. Said to be a 42 inch cut with a 13 hp Honda engine.

BGC

Threads
That looks interesting and maybe I will have to invest in one of these myself. I think it would make it a whole lot easier to clear my large drive and such.

demhustler

Threads
Did some research and that appears to be a Snow Hogg brand, sold by one Honda dealer in Idaho, no price info available I can find. The information says the device itself rides on tracks underneath the frame of the ATV so it only carries about 40 pounds of the weight of the blower assembly. Said to be a 42 inch cut with a 13 hp Honda engine.

seems like good idea
guy on youtube put 25(?) hp engineon his w/b snowblower - the heavier and WETTER snow - the farther and higher it shoots : )))) (no clogging...)

Hershey

Threads
It sure looks awesome but it's definitely beyond our needs or price bracket for something like that. I don't know anyone who has one of those, either.

jcobo

Threads
You need to check You Tube, there are several custom made blowers for ATVs/Quads.

I think there was one hydraulic driven one, had an engine and pump on the rear with the hoses going over the seat. Your butt would be warm if nothing else.