Any one ever had problems with 48'' Husqvarna older model broke 3 deck belts with in 2hrs.has two new spindells .

jbisnette

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any one ever had problems with 48'' Husqvarna older model broke 3 deck belts with in 2hrs.has two new spindells .
Did you look for the correct belt schematic to make sure the belt was on right to begin with.
check the idler pulley that it is good.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Any one ever had problems with 48'' Husqvarna older model broke 3 deck belts with in 2hrs.has two new spindells .
I would guess there is something wrong with the spindle installation causing pulley alignment/belt tension issues.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
if using an aftermarket belt(s) for the deck make they are Kelvar corded. Model will help as here the YTH2148 uses two deck belts and YTH2348 uses one or at least the ones I have worked on. Also if using after market make they are actually the right length, many are not.

Poly corded belts will not last very long. One customer was only getting 10 hrs before I found my aftermarket supplier selling me poly belts for the deck.