Antifreeze spilling

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just want to pass this story along, if it prevents the poisoning of one pet it is well worth reading. Last week I was plowing the driveway of one of my neighbors, he is a K-9 cop with two work dogs. There was nobody home at the time, but when I was plowing his drive by the garage pad, I spotted some bright green liquid in a puddle atop the snow. I stopped, took my shovel off the rear blade holder, and scooped the green snow into my FEL bucket, when I was done plowing I texted him from my Blackberry and told him about the puddle, as it might be antifreeze I told him to check under his vehicles for leaks. When he and his wife got home he looked under both, no leaks, but his wife told him she had put green washer fluid in her car that morning...

He was REALLY grateful I told him about the spill, could have poisoned a pet, or maybe caused damage to an engine if it overheated due to loss of coolant. In warmer weather the spills will just run into the ground, but when it's frozen they will sit on top of it. Take Heed !! :eek:

AndyMan

Threads
It's helpful that different fluids are different colors. It helps to identify spills and leaks, and to know that you are putting the right fluid in the right opening. (Like opening the blue lid to pour in the blue washer fluid.)

It really confuses me when companies try to be different or innovative or whatever and switch to green wiper fluid or some other unnatural color. It may help them stand out on the shelf, but it doesn't help visual learners like myself.

But, I guess as long as no one goes for colorless we'll still know that ANY color on the snow (or garage floor) should be (1) checked out and (2) cleaned up.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
That's really nice of you! Most people wouldn't have even taken the time. I'm always worried about my pets getting into something that may hurt them. I once had a dog who was licking up cleaner off the floor for a few days and I had no idea. It scared me so bad!!