Another newbie in Montana

Ron H

Threads
Hi. I found this board a couple of days ago and it's quite interesting and useful, so I joined.

I have always liked my outdoor power equipment and lawn work has become almost more of a hobby than a chore. I also have a good case of "Tim Allen Syndrome" i.e. More Power! If three horsepower will do the job and six horsepower is available, I'm most likely going to buy the six.

Several years ago I discovered "RFD TV" channel and soon became addicted to the various "Classic Tractor" programs they have. I didn't grow up on a farm as a kid, but spent many summers on the dairy farms of several of my uncles who all used IHC Farmalls. My Grandfather on the other side of the family was a John Deere dealer, so an interest in farm equipment was almost natural for me.

I was actually starting to consider trying to find a small classic tractor as a hobby project/collector's item. Since I live in the city with a standard city lot, that wasn't real practical. Then I started thinking that maybe a riding mower would be a lot more practical. One thing lead to another and last Year I bought a 20 horsepower Craftsman Yard Tractor with a 42" mowing desk. I also bought the bagger attachment and snowblade. I only have a standard city lot, and I know a tractor is overkill for my use, but if nothing else lawn mowing and leaf pickup are fun instead of a chore.

In the Winter, I plow the snow from sidewalks for as many as 12 homes and also clear a couple of driveways, so I get urar around use out of the tractor.

I tend to check the boards I belong to quite often, but do not post just for the sake of running up my post count. I tend to post only if I have a question or can contribute to a topic. Now I'll get this posted and do a little more looking around in the archives.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hi Ron,

Welcome to LMF... hope you enjoy reading the forums and posting when you have something to say. :thumbsup:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
RonH:

Welcome. If you're interested in tractors you may also enjoy this site:

TractorByNet

noma

Threads
Hay Ron H

Welcome aboaed there is a lot going on here and hope you enjoy it as much as i do .Hope to hear from you in the future.:licking:

Rocky

Threads
Western Montana has been hammered pretty good with snow so far this year! Seattle, Spokane and Missoula all got dumped on pretty early from what I saw on the Weather Channel.