Aluminum starter cable??

Digiacomo

Threads
I've built a steel tool [and battery] box off of the back end of this old mtd that I am fooling around with ...I plan to use a full size battery and what ever wieght I might need for traction.....{ my next project for it is a blade]...........I' have lenghth of aluminum battery cable that has been taking up space in my garage I'm wondering if it will be ok to use in my mower for a four foot lenght to the starter??.......I'm also planning to mount the starter solinoid back there also..........i want to have that stuff where i can get to it without having to take the center hatch off........

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If the cable is no smaller than the original cable size, I'd go for it.

Digiacomo

Threads
It's probably triple the size of the copper one that was on it and has a lot thicker insulation, I am wanting to keep ALL the wiring out away from the pullies and and belts......including the solenoid.........thanks for the reply.....

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
So far so good unless the cable will be in the weather. Al cable will be greef if allowed to corrode which it will do even if dry but open to any air. Oxygaurd is a product that will promote conductivity and minimize corrosion.

Digiacomo

Threads
Worked great. when i finish my box I'll see if I can post at pic or two......thanks for the replies.......