All belts blew a once

ummagumma

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've never seen this. The machine is a 05 Ferris is4500z.

I only mow my 3 acres. Last evening it reduced rpms about 200, I noticed then I stopped the deck clutch. Seemed fine, then restarted and then everything shredded.

There are 4 belts. 2 hydro drive belts. A long deck drive belt (pretty new 1 month), and the deck belt.

I have not touched it. I want to look for a rock, branch anything, frozen pulley, but all the belts at once? The failed long deck drive belt must have taken the others out. It was almost new.
I have no idea

Last edited:

Bertrrr

Threads
Did it just throw them off the fit or are they all destroyed ?

ummagumma

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did it just throw them off the fit or are they all destroyed ?
All destroyed, except maybe the deck belt, I couldn't see it well last night. But it looks off the pulleys. There should be no effect to it being lower than the drive belt from engine.

Bertrrr

Threads
Little you can do except change them out again, when all the belts are off look at all the spindle bearings - spin each one and see if any sound rough or have slack. See if they're tracking properly and go again.
Never seen them all go at once but you never know.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check all of your pulley and spindles for play and binding.
When replacing belts, always use a good quality belt made for mowers or industrial applications.
An automotive belt will not last.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Check all of your pulley and spindles for play and binding.
When replacing belts, always use a good quality belt made for mowers or industrial applications.
An automotive belt will not last.
Blowing out 4 belts all at once is highly unusual. The time it will take, and the cost of belt replacement will be costly. Before you install new belts, do a thorough inspection of all pulleys, spindles, springs, etc.
Looking for sharp protrusions, rocks, sticks, anything odd or out of place.

Honest Abe

Threads
sounds more like one started to come apart and then got tangled in the others and took them all out. When you get them off check them to see if there are different bands wrapped around others, Just a thought . . . . .