Air filter housing I'm about to use for a Kohler M16 doesn't have hole to insert breather tube.

tdietz20

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Air filter housing I'm about to use for a Kohler M16 doesn't have hole to insert breather tube.
I've got a old Taylor Dunn cart with a Kohler M16 in it and have just realized when trying to order new air filters that the air filter housing that came mounted on that I had been using is the wrong one, it's for an 8HP. The proper filter is much larger, and I want to start using the rated filter size. I found a used housing that fits the proper filter meant for the 16HP but there's no hole in the base for the breather tube to insert like the smaller housing has. Is there another way to deal with those crank case breather tubes on these engines, do people often leave those hanging to just blow out into the air (which I would assume isn't advised if even legal)? I'm assuming whatever engine this housing originally came from, even if it wasn't a Kohler M16, had a breather tube that was dealt with somehow, or maybe it didn't?
I make a hole easy enough for the tube, but wanted to see if the fact that it didn't have one made any sense first.