AGCO ALLIS PTO

johnorlandi

Threads
I have an Agco Allis 918H that I had the dealer repair the PTO at a cost of around $600 and it worked good thru the winter with the snow blower on now I have the mower on and having a problem with it slipping real bad, so bad the clutch go so hot it burned my hand. It is at the dealers again. New clutch has some black type band inside replacing the original brake band

Would like to know if anyone has rebuilt the clutch and what did you use for material and where did you get it?

Also posted in Simplicty

Thanks
John

johnorlandi

Threads
Thank You I brought it back to the dealer and the driven shaft coming out of the gear box is shot has to be replaced so another $400 for parts and maybe $500 for labor. That makes $1500 in less than a year but I need the tractor for grass and snow has to be done. I am to old to do all my work so I pay to have it done

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank You I brought it back to the dealer and the driven shaft coming out of the gear box is shot has to be replaced so another $400 for parts and maybe $500 for labor. That makes $1500 in less than a year but I need the tractor for grass and snow has to be done. I am to old to do all my work so I pay to have it done
Sounds good John, let us know how she performs when you get her back. Ask them to give you a Senior or Military Discount, it never hurts to ask, thanks, Mark

johnorlandi

Threads
Mark
Just got the tractor back today and put the mower on and it ran good. Need to adjust the belt up a little more but ran good. $408 for parts and $420 for labor but what are you going to do. I always did my own work but the older I get the harder it is to do anything and do it right. No discounts

Hope it last my lifetime

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good job John, glad you got her going. On a positive note $828 is not bad at all. I know what you mean about not being able to perform certain tasks, I'm in the same boat with health issues. The money you well spent is keeping a business open & employees paid. Congradulations John on keeping your tractor maintained!