AeroVator depth control

tlm51

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having difficulty getting my 60" aerovator to get tine depth much deeper than an inch. I live in mid-Iowa where rain has been scarce this summer and fall. Perhaps this is part of the depth issue. I have the lift chains connected on the 4th link. Anybody out there had this issue and can offer a solution?

BWH

Threads
I am interested in purchasing an aerovator myself I don't know anything about them but have you contacted Grasshopper? I would be interested in what results you find out, please share when you get information.

tlm51

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have contacted my dealer who said that our mid-central Iowa areas were too dry and compacted for the aeravator to work at desired depths. I left the unit on the mower awaiting an upcoming rain. A couple days after the rain, I aeravated parts of the lawn to see the difference a rain made. Huge difference. It would punch a 3-4 inch hole in a good lawn. It tore up the bare Spring seeded patches the drought stressed.

Anyway, I in my opinion, the aeravator works best a couple days after a decent shower.

BWH

Threads
Thanks for sharing!