Advice needed on used 48" Wright Velky Hydro Walk Behind - Good Deal?

ERockMow

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Advice needed on used 48" Wright Velky Hydro Walk Behind - Good Deal?
Long time learner on this great site, first time question. Looking to replace a 32" belt walk behind for my 1/2 acre yard. Locally there is a 2016 Wright Velke Hydro 48" Walk Behind for $4500. It's a bit difficult to evaluate good pricing on a used mower, especially in today's market so simply looking for a sense from those that know on here if this is a good deal to pursue or not.

Few details on the mower:
  • ~200 hours
  • Residential, homeowner use only
  • Overall great, clean condition
  • Owner claims oil changes and maintenance 2 times per season
  • Kohler Confidant 19hp engine (potentially plastic cam gears on this from what I've researched, maybe a slight con vs. one with a Kawasaki)

Any insight or guidance on price/value is much appreciated as I decide to go for it or keep looking in the used marketplace for a 48" hydro walk behind. Thanks!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Advice needed on used 48" Wright Velky Hydro Walk Behind - Good Deal?
Stick with belt drive. Way cheaper and much easier to maintain. Fluid alone is way more than a couple belts. Not to mention if the hydro motors go out $$$$.

Whats wrong with a couple push mowers? His and hers? If you have a couple kids, that's 84" of deck action. Great exercise and something to do with the family. Only cutting a 1/2 acre. Heavy hydro mowers will rut the turf like mad. Hope you don't have hard clay soil like I do.