Adjust Idle

tscovill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler Idle Adjustment
I have a Kohler KT35-3076 on a Craftsman T310 and I need to adjust the idle down. Any tips on where and/or how? Thanks

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
usually the owner manual has basic settings like that in it. There is usually a stop screw on the carb or throttle body. However they RARELY change from the factory settings so if something has changed on the speed, you may have a governor problem, or vacuum leak.

tscovill

Forum Newbie
Threads
usually the owner manual has basic settings like that in it. There is usually a stop screw on the carb or throttle body. However they RARELY change from the factory settings so if something has changed on the speed, you may have a governor problem, or vacuum leak.e
Thanks I downloaded the service manual and it clearly shows an idle adjustment screw. If only I could find it on the carburetor

VegetiveSteam

Threads
1656126256702.png
According to your spec # you have a governed idle and you may not have an idle screw on the carb. That screw if there wouldn't be used with a governed idle. Look at #27 in the diagram. That is the governed idle spring which again, according to your spec # your engine should have. One end of it hooks to the governor lever there on the left of #27 and the other end should connect to a bendable tab. The tab is bent to get the correct governed idle speed.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Locate your Service Manual & read.