Export thread

Add on 12v power outlet on X300 series

Lil’Deere

Lil’Deere

I posted this on another site but I’m hoping to hear from someone who has installed this kit…
Let me know how you installed it please…
posted/
So my 12v outlet finally came in and instructions said to insert red male wire into fuse power port location C5. Well I’m a little confused as to how to actually do that, it seems very tight and cramped but just wanted to ask anyone who has done it, do I just force it through the blue tunnel and it will lock into place so I can connect a fuse to it, then complete by grounding it?

Electrical wiring Computer hardware Engineering Machine Cable

S

slomo

What kind of amperage you looking to light up? Anything over say 5 amps, I wouldn't tie into the factory wiring.

For heavy amp draw (10+ amps), connect straight off the battery with a FUSE and proper gauge wire. Solder and heat shrink as you go.

Lil’Deere

Lil’Deere

So has anyone installed the BM24915 kit per instructions? I realize us guys don’t usually fool with em but ….

S

slomo

That is a $16.00 kit. Doubt if it will support heavy amperage draw. Probably a radar detector and one night light.

sgkent

sgkent

Online manual says 10 amp fuse so 7 - 8 amps probably max at 12V would be 80 to 100 watts which is quite a bit of load / heat on a small alternator I think. It also gives wire routing and fuse location.