Repairs Acts like brake is on

bowwind

Forum Newbie
Threads
When i start my mower let it warm up and then take off it won't go forward or reverse i use to get under the back and mess with a little lever that i believe is connected to the free wheel lever and it will take off and work fine , now when it does it i just rock back and forth in the seat and i can feel it start to let go and it will take off and work fine . My question , is there something i can fix to stop this problem before it hurts my trans.. Thanks bowwind

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
When i start my mower let it warm up and then take off it won't go forward or reverse i use to get under the back and mess with a little lever that i believe is connected to the free wheel lever and it will take off and work fine , now when it does it i just rock back and forth in the seat and i can feel it start to let go and it will take off and work fine . My question , is there something i can fix to stop this problem before it hurts my trans.. Thanks bowwind
Try spraying silicone lubricant where the two levers join. The one you used to mess with and the free wheel lever.

bowwind

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks For the info , will try . bowwind

dodgefate

Threads
make sure the two bolts that hod the transaxle in place, on the front side are not missing this is a silent recall that they have where it destroys the frame

kermit911

Threads
The spring was sticking on my brake, I used WD40 and popped the spring back with a screwdriver. Worked good.

Dave

bowwind

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Thanks For the input i will try everything the grass is starting to grow again . Thanks Steve