Acquired a Toro Pro-line Commercial Mower. Made in 2000.

JD14SB

Threads
  • / Acquired a Toro Pro-line Commercial Mower. Made in 2000.
I've always wanted a Toro 2-cycle Suzuki Mower. Used to have Lawn Boys in the 80's. I found this Toro Commercial Mower locally and the Guy never used it commercially. My mistake was believing that it runs good, per the seller. Did try it at seller's Home as he didn't have 2-cycle mix. So I loaded in the car and took it home. Wouldn't start so took off the Mikuni Carburetor and it was badly corroded, I mean bad. Found a new Carburetor but it was $$$. Pulled the rope to start it and the rope broke. Gott things fixed up and now it runs good. The aluminum Mower Deck seems solid but has peeling paint. Under the peeling paint is bare aluminum (or whatever the alloy is) with white oxidization. Not pitted too badly at all. Any ideas on how to arrest the oxidization and restore the finish? Most of the corrosion is where the grass exits the chute. I'd like to make the old 2000 MY Toro look nice again. I was also told there are 2 shades of Toro Red Paint, depending on the year. Anyone know what paint code I need? Maybe I'm crazy for buying this old 2-stroker. What is a bit unusual about the Mower's Suzuki Engine is 5.5 HP. My friend has a older Suzuki powered Mower and his is 3.5 HP. Going to have too much money, time, and effort into this old Mower but think it's pretty neat. Out here in Oregon, a neighbor already threatened me for "Destroying the Planet" using this Mower. Hey, Thanks for any information, insight, suggestions.

Attachments

• Part_1.jpeg
    Part_1.jpeg
    879 KB · Views: 0

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Acquired a Toro Pro-line Commercial Mower. Made in 2000.
Why are you posting the exact same thread again?????