About headlights

Bange

Threads
It may be a small detail or a big nonsense, but my tractor came without headlights (lamps).
I know I will never mow grass at night, but to satisfy my granddaughter, I need to replace the lamps and wiring to the chassis connector.
My battery is 12VDC ...
I found nothing in manuals ...
How many wats does the lamp have?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Older mowers use 1156 lamps which are 25W each. Some of the latest mowers are now using LED lamps but I don't know their wattage yet.

Bange

Threads
Thanks for your response...
For now go the common ones ... later I can even do with LED, because I have kilos of residential lamps burned of different types, but without the proper socket for the lawn mower.
In the case of 25W incandescent it is between 2 and 3W in LED.
Grateful

Born2Mow

Threads
The Wattage will usually be printed on the bulbs or the wrapper they come in. The cheapest and brightest way to go is with the new LED lamps. You'll get more light and yet draw down your battery less by using LEDs. What ever bulb you decide upon, it must be 12V.

Are the headlamps already wired, but simply missing the bulbs ? Or are the headlamps, wires, switches, everything missing ? That part is unclear.

Bange

Threads
OK, electronics is not a problem for me, but the wires and sockets for the lamps are missing, if automotive is easier to get LED.
The circuit goes only to the Switch Interlock Clutch Cable (87), Lens grile (LH, RH) and the bezel grile (LH, RH) are there ...

Bange

Threads
Hello Houston, we have a problem ...
Calm down, it wasn't like that, but I almost panicked ...
After redoing the installation of the lamps, I turned on the switch ... it didn't light ... ?
I thought to myself ... it must be after the engine start ... I started the engine and ... it didn't light ... ??
I started measuring the DC voltage at the connector (87) ... nothing ... ???
On the panel switch ... nothing ... ????
I followed the wiring until a connector goes under the flywheel, before and after ... nothing ... ?????
But what is under the flywheel?
In the engine repair manual, I discovered that there can be 7 types of alternator !!!! :rolleyes:
Well, I found that mine is of the double type, unregulated DC of 2 - 4 Amperes + 14 VAC for the lamps !!! :eek:
I changed the meter scale to AC, started the engine and ... nothing ... ??????
I measured on the panel switch ... before ok, after not ok ... oops !!! Bingo! I found the problem ...???
Material comprado 1.jpg
Purchased material: lamp, socket and connector

Instalação dos fios e lâmpadas 1.jpg
Wiring and light bulbs remade

Velho conector 1.jpg
Old conector

Novo conector 1.jpg
New conector

Defeito na chave 1.jpg
Problem switch

Chave limpa 1.jpg
Clean switch

Farol desligado 1.jpg
Headlight off

Farol ligado 1.jpg
Headlifht on
It didn't get strong and I don't even need it, but my granddaughter will like it
I take this opportunity to inform you that in the repair manual I discovered the power of the lamp ... it can be from 60 to 100W, for the other types of alternator the manual does not speak.