9P702-0001-B1

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Got the aformentioned model, 9P702-0001-B1 (plastic carb) 799584
cleaned carb, got the main jet assembly cleaned good, fires up first pull, when it gets hot i begins surging.... I put a new O-ring where it mounts to the intake. still surged when warmed up.
sprayed WD40 around, no leaks around the intake, but when i hit the base of the throttle shaft it would bog blow a little white smoke... there is some play back and forth in the shaft... i would say more than usual on a better metal carburetor.
it appears there is no repair kit with a new throttle shaft or bushing, so i guess i need to purchase a new carburetor?

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is your code date from 8 numbers on engine? Two carburetors are manufactured for your engine but you need to know code number to purchase correct carburetor. Make sure to purchase OEM B&S carburetor.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm not finding the date code anywhere.
what are the differences between the two carbs?
i know there are Primer type and Choke type for this engine?
The date code for the change listed is year 2018, and he said this mower is 5 years old.. (From 2021) that would make it a 2016 probably... so before the specified date code change.

Last edited:

Richard Milhous

Threads
If it was mine, I'd load it with axle grease. If it's a paying customer, maybe not.