8hp b&s generator

klockk

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello,wondering what would be best practice for standby.have used it a few times in 30yrs.question:whether to shut the gas off and let run till it quits or stop it normally and shut gas off?thanks any advice.loc

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
hello,wondering what would be best practice for standby.have used it a few times in 30yrs.question:whether to shut the gas off and let run till it quits or stop it normally and shut gas off?thanks any advice.loc

Definitely run it dry, and depending on the carb, loosen the bottom bowl nut/n\jet and let any extra dribble out and leave it loose, and if it is inside, leave the fuel cap off

deminin

Threads

I run our standby generator for 15 or 20 minutes every 2 or 3 months. I shut off the fuel line, and let the engine run until it begins to sputter, then turn it off. So far, that has worked well in the 12 years I've had the generator. I also keep the proper amount of StaBil in the fuel tank, so as to keep the gas from going bad. When I get ready to fire it up, I open the valve, let is sit for a couple of minutes, and it usually starts up with only 3 or 4 pulls.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You sound far more disciplined than the average guy.....

gregjo1948

Threads
I'd say, keep doing what you're doing! gregjo1948