89 ExMark Walk Behind Carburetor problems

jwilk

Forum Newbie
Hello all! New to the forum from Southeast PA.

I'm really lost on my next steps and I'm hoping someone can help.

I have an 89 ExMark with a Kawasaki FB460V 12.5 Engine. When I picked it up I could get it started with carb cleaner but then it would die out. So I'm getting compression and spark. I took the carb off and cleaned as best I could. Tried again, same result.

Then I picked up new gaskets, new jets, new o-rings and some new springs (one was busted). While I had all the jets out I scrubbed again and sprayed cleaner in every orifice I could see. Install the new jets and stuff, bolt it back on expecting something different, but nope, same result.

It's fresh fuel, and a new fuel filter. I get could flow from the tank when I disconnect from the carb so the problem must lie within the carb.

Is there anything I could try at this point?? I'm at my wits end.


Thanks in advance for any info at all!! I'll try anything.
 
Back
Top