7411 blade change

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Someone came in and just wanted the blade changed. No, problem. Except that after getting the huge nut off, there was another under it.. Much smaller, but even the big impact wouldn't budge the one I tried.
They was in a hurry, so they took it somewhere else. Leaving me wondering what the other nut was for? Once the big bolt was loose, the blade was also loose. But wouldn't come off because of the next washer that was being held on by the other nut.

What is that other nut for?

After looking at the manual, There's not supposed to be another nut there. In fact, Just a lock washer and a couple of cup washers. But this was a either a nut. Or the bottom of the spindle had some sort of extension on it. Because what I thought was a nut, was at least 1/2" long. with threads on the inside.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the full model number off the serial number tags as I can't find a 7411 listed on Kpad, even used the wildcard search mode.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the full model number off the serial number tags as I can't find a 7411 listed on Kpad, even used the wildcard search mode.

They're already gone. Was gone when I posted this.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh well wasted my time trying to look it up then.

At least I be busy all day tomorrow with Snapper, Cub Cadet, and JD Z950R deck rebuilds. Probably will to order parts for the CC so I hold this week's order until I see what I need and don't have.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh well wasted my time trying to look it up then.

At least I be busy all day tomorrow with Snapper, Cub Cadet, and JD Z950R deck rebuilds. Probably will to order parts for the CC so I hold this week's order until I see what I need and don't have.

My apologies for wasting your time.