727T EFI ?

swamp logger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am brand new to this forum and about to purchase a new Grasshopper 727T mower with 61" deck. Has anyone bought one with the EFI engine. I would really like to know if the EFI system is performing well or is it just something that is going to be a headache in the long run. I currently am using a 720 model I bought new in 1991. This machine has 3500 Hrs. on it and has not been babied. The only problem with it is the baffles on the deck are completely gone now and therefore won't discharge the clippings. I can only hope this new machine will perform as well as this one has. I will continue to use the old one in some rough areas I cut. Any info. (good or bad) on the EFI gas engine would be greatly appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Assuming you are talking about the Kohler EFI. it has went through several changes over the years, and have the bugs worked out of the system. should be fairly problem free. Wire corrosion, and ground wire corrosion are the most common issues.

dnewton3

Threads
I am brand new to this forum and about to purchase a new Grasshopper 727T mower with 61" deck. Has anyone bought one with the EFI engine. I would really like to know if the EFI system is performing well or is it just something that is going to be a headache in the long run. I currently am using a 720 model I bought new in 1991. This machine has 3500 Hrs. on it and has not been babied. The only problem with it is the baffles on the deck are completely gone now and therefore won't discharge the clippings. I can only hope this new machine will perform as well as this one has. I will continue to use the old one in some rough areas I cut. Any info. (good or bad) on the EFI gas engine would be greatly appreciated.

Is the old unit still servicable? If it runs and drives well, why not just repair the deck baffles? If you cannot do it yourself, then is there a welding shop nearby? Got to be a lot cheaper than buying a new 'Hopper ...

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just my opinion, but EFI should be a great improvement over carburetion.

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
We have a few guys mowing with this machine, all seem to have good luck so far. I think its a wise choice!