6hp Tecumseh horizontal compression issue?

arch252

Threads
Alright, I guess that means you are definitely tired of hearing about this engine. Thanks Engine Man, great advice. I guess that's how you get 1,000 posts under your belt.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, we all keep posting, hopefully we get something right now and again!!!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The float on Tecumseh doesn't sit level. It actually leans down on the side opposite the pivot pin. Should be able to insert a 11/64 drill bit between float and body of carb, without the gasket.

arch252

Threads
Thanks Engine, that the kind of experienced advice I was hoping for. I'll see if that helps.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Alright, I guess that means you are definitely tired of hearing about this engine. Thanks Engine Man, great advice. I guess that's how you get 1,000 posts under your belt.

Its got nothing to do with getting more post, you are having a problem with the carb and you ask for advice, after all you have done you still having the problem, so I told you to replace it that way it would show you that it is the carb, you don't have to take my advice do you.

arch252

Threads
I understand, I guess I was being overly sensitive. I thought you were just being a smart a@%. I'll take my skirt off and put on my big boy pants.

I don't have an extra carb for this engine or I would try that, thanks though.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you thought about using one of them ultrasonic cleaner, I don't use them but there are members on here that do and are not disappointed in the out come. may well be worth looking into.