60” zero turn cutting uneven.

ssm1972

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 60” Husqvarna zero turn that I use to cut two local athletic fields. The grass is Bermuda that we keep at 1.5”. i took my mower in for service and new blades to our local dealer. They put blades on it for a 54” mower, so the first time I cut there was a 1” strip of grass left between each set of blades. Long story short, we got some blades from another local store and put them on. Now when I cut the two outside blades cut lower than the center blade. I can’t tell if the center is high or the two outer blades are low.
The mower cut beautifully before changing any blades.

any thoughts or suggestions.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do the spindles all have the same type and number of washers, spacers, etc. above the blades? Did the spindles get removed and replaced? Are the blades all the same thickness?

Lawn Addict
Threads
See if the blades line up "cutting edge tip to tip to tip". then rotate 180* & check again. You can also enlist help of a friend & on level surface, pull a string from outer blade cutting edge to the opposite outer edge & see if the middle blade tips are in same line. String will need to be pulled tight of course.

All your tires should also be cold checked & set precisely to spec.