54" ZT Elite leaves strip of uncut grass every other pass

churchill

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 54" ZT Elite leaves strip of uncut grass every other pass
My Gravely 48 HD ZT does the same thing. Manual says not to cut more than ⅓ of the grass height on a single pass. I have the mulch kit though and believe the excess grass clippings are piling up on the leading edge of the blades and right next to the baffle plates between the blades, forcing the uncut grass to roll over a bit and miss getting cut. My strip of missed grass is only visible when I've gone too long between mowings and more so in the spring when the grass seems more sticky than later in the season. Might try mowing more frequently and see what happens.

TS75

Forum Newbie
Threads
I leave the grass a little longer during the hot months of summer, I will probably start cutting it a little shorter beings the weather is starting to cool down. I didn't notice the strip when I first got the mower, I was mowing shorter then.

Gord Baker

Threads
Perhaps you are trying to cut 60"! Make sure the grass is dry and not too long. Deck (gage) wheels may be set too low.

ken2

Threads
I bought a 54" two weeks a go. it leaves two strips down the center. I set the governor up from 3340 to 3610. That helped but still leave strips.