48" Scag WB Hydro

Timber79

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at purchasing a Scag 48" WB hydro that's about 5 years old with approximately 1000 hours on it and a non running engine. The price seems to be ok, as it's listed for $950. I have a good engine to put on this machine, so that's not an issue for me. He tells me the hydros need a small adjustment so they are at the same speed and says this is done with a simple turn of a wrench. Is this that simple of a fix? I would buy it if I knew only the engine need to be replaced and everything else worked. I juts don't want to have to replace the hydros and motors and then the engine and be out over $2,000. Let me know what your thoughts are with the situation with the hydros. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so doing some work is not a big deal for me.

Thank you,
Timber

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I'm looking at purchasing a Scag 48" WB hydro that's about 5 years old with approximately 1000 hours on it and a non running engine. The price seems to be ok, as it's listed for $950. I have a good engine to put on this machine, so that's not an issue for me. He tells me the hydros need a small adjustment so they are at the same speed and says this is done with a simple turn of a wrench. Is this that simple of a fix? I would buy it if I knew only the engine need to be replaced and everything else worked. I juts don't want to have to replace the hydros and motors and then the engine and be out over $2,000. Let me know what your thoughts are with the situation with the hydros. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so doing some work is not a big deal for me.

Thank you,
Timber

The price is little high in my book but the wrench thing is correct :thumbsup: