48 inch Scag

jyoung79

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all I am a new to the forum and I was wondering if someone can help me out. I found a 48 inch Scag for sale and I was interested in purchasing it the mower runs fine but the owner stated there may be a problem with the transmission because the mower will not move and the engine stalls when the blades are engaged. The owner stated it also needed new belts and I am thinking that the transmission is not the problem and all it needs is new belts and adjusting. If someone can give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Scag Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

azvidpro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I just bought a Scag Freedom Z 48" Kawasaki 19HP. I pretty much hate it. Enough so that I'm considering selling it or trading for another Dixon. The main problem is the GREAT amount of dust produced when mowing over a bare spot - and even dry grass. For some reason much of the dust is blown out the front of the deck and I am constantly mowing thru a cloud of dust. If all you have to mow is perfect turf - ok. If you have any dry or bare spots, check out the mower on those locations before you buy it.

Sarge33

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can only comment on the quality of that kind of mower since I own a Scag Cub 48" and Scag Wildcat 52". I actually like the Cub better than the bigger Wildcat. About once or twice during the day when I cut for about 3 or 4 hours at a time, I have to cut it off to take a break or move something out of the way etc. When I go back to engage to blades, the belt comes off. I have never had a problem with my Cub and it also seems to be stronger running than the Wildcat, hardly ever bogs down when going over taller grass. Just my two cents worth :thumbsup: