42" with Kawasaki or 48" with other? Advice and opinions needed here.

Maykinit

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 42" with Kawasaki or 48" with other? Advice and opinions needed here.
I have always wanted a ztr mower. That said, I really don't have a "need". I have mowed my 1/3 acre of green for a long time with a riding mower equipped with a 48" deck. I've about decided a Scag is in my near future. I am of retirement age and figure what the hell. I am looking for opinions here. What I am seeing from the Scag website is that I can equip the 42" with the Kawasaki engine. It is not an option for the 48". And so again, I am here for any advice, criticism and/or recommendations. A sincere thanks in advance.

DDDellinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've owned 2 Scag walk-behinds: one was a 48" belt drive with a Kawasaki that I purchased with 20 hours. I owned that for more than 20 years, mowing my own yard and some of my neighbor's yards. It was bulletproof, and I've often said it was the best investment that I ever made. I eventually found a deal on a nearly new 60" hydro drive with a Kawasaki, and I've been using that for the last two years. On average, I would estimate that I do around 50 hours per year or less. I highly recommend the Kawasaki. Both always started right up. They both ran great. I always recommend both Scag and Kawasaki.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have bought new in May 2021 Scag LIberty 48" w/Kawasaki & previously had Toro 4260 w?Kawasaski..
Both have same engines. Intentionally on my part. Liberty seems so much beefier, & I really am enjoying it.

Liberty has the 5 YEAR warranty on most everything, but engine is still 3 Years..