Model m18
Spec 24541
Serial 2012205916
It has a walbro carb and smokes when you first start it up and then

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF

Mwh0428

Threads
Sorry I hit the send button on accident

But after you start it up it quits smoking but I keep getting a build up on the right spark plug like its over loading on fuel but it's only for the right side can I get just the rings for both sides or do I have to replace the piston also.
Or what would you recommend because I have never rebuilt an engine before.

PJ

Threads
Sorry I hit the send button on accident

But after you start it up it quits smoking but I keep getting a build up on the right spark plug like its over loading on fuel but it's only for the right side can I get just the rings for both sides or do I have to replace the piston also.
Or what would you recommend because I have never rebuilt an engine before.

Before you do it is beter to do both sides. I do not know if you already started stripping the motor. By doing a compression test first one could tell how severe the wear is. Remove left plug and both plug wires, insert compression meter swing starter for 6 to 7 times note pressure. Squert a couple of drops of engine oil trough the plughole repeat test again and note the defferance. If it is big the rings is shot replace only rings. If it is not big check piston clearance and replace pistons and rings after you checked piston bore clearance. It would be adviseable to check the max clearace in the maint manual

Good luck
PJ

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What color is the smoke? If it is black smoke then we have to look at the fuel system and not the compression system. If it is blue, you will want to check the breather before tearing into the engine.

Mwh0428

Threads
Its a grayish/blue smoke and it smells like burning oil

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before you tear into it, I would do a compression test on both sides, and then post back the results. If you can get a cylinder leak down tester and run a leakage test that would be even better. Test both sides.