27 HP Kohler Stumbling / Flooding

bouncer959

Threads
I have a Craftsman with a 27 HP Kohler engine. I've installed a new Carb kit, cleaned Carb, engine stumbles or floods when engine is hot when you hit a rough place or slope of yard is downhill to the right. I took carb back off to adjust float level, having forgotten that it has a plastic float with no adjustment tang.
Any Suggestions?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You don't say what carb you have, post up the number and also the model of engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your Kohler is a model cv/ch750 and the serial number is below 3618800001, and you have the heavy duty air cleaner, you need to order a 24 059 19-s. The problem is on rough terrain, the fuel is sloshing up into the carb bowl vent is is being drawn into the intake. The above listed kit should fix your problem, if this is your engine.

taxidermist

Threads
If your Kohler is a model cv/ch750 and the serial number is below 3618800001, and you have the heavy duty air cleaner, you need to order a 24 059 19-s. The problem is on rough terrain, the fuel is sloshing up into the carb bowl vent is is being drawn into the intake. The above listed kit should fix your problem, if this is your engine.

Is this part number for a air filter? Could you explain what your finding on these?

Thank you,
Rob

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't some of the carb's have a spring under the float..?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sound like he has water/crap in his fuel, and this crap sits at the bottom of the bowl until he hits some bumps, or turns sharply at a certain angle.

We need to know if it smoothes out if he stops moving, and some more details....

bouncer959

Threads
Fuel system is clean, tank is clean , bowl is clean, no water in system....sounds like splash sheild may do the truck, but part number posted is not a good number for it!

jroche2667

Forum Newbie
Threads
bouncer959, Just curious if you ever found the problem?

A friend is having this exact same issue with his Kohler 25hp. I am looking to purchase it from him, but trying to figure out this problem first. If you have not, maybe we can work together to figure it out...?

His mower is Craftsman GT5000, with a Kohler Pro Series 25HP V-Twin, purchased new sometime 2000-2002.

His symptoms are: Runs great in cooler weather on smooth ground. Has ran great for the last 12+ years without any issues. A couple of years ago he noticed this problem once in a while, only on a large bump. Now he says that it happens on several smaller bumps and inclines, but only seems to happen when the outside temperature is hot, say above 85-90ー. In these conditions, it will load-up, as if the choke is on and flooding the engine and will smoke. It will come out of it on it's own rather quickly.