245 Wiring harness/ignition system qestions

Hitechluddite

Threads
Last year I transferred a 2cyl 17HP Kawasaki motor from a LT190 over to a 245 that had the single cylinder 14HP kawasaki motor. I also moved over the wiring harness bypassing the seat sensor among others I put about 30hrs on it completely trouble free but a couple weeks ago with no warning it failed to start. Troubleshooting revealed no spark but wiring harness had no loose wires compared to previous running state. I got what was listed as an OEM switch with no key off ebay I got the switch, used my original key and it fired right up. It ran for about 2hrs then started running rough and hard to start. I found right plug wet but I had spark. I got to playing with the coil connections and giving the harness a closer look. This engine has a 3 prong ignitor, one prong goes to the coils, the other two back to the ignition switch. Strange thing is it would run with the ignitor wire to the coil disconnected. I know this is not right now after about 30 more minutes it will no longer run at all. I think I got a bad switch but running without the ignitor has me stumped and wondering if something different is going on.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you have the Kawasaki FH500V which is the 17hp, use on the LT180 (LT190 used the FH580, 18hp) neither had ignitors.
1685187162711.png
Plus since your Frankenstein mower is basically the LT180/190 electrically then you need to be troubleshooting it as one of these. Unfortunately I don't either of the mowers service at hand here. Never needed them.

Post the engine actual model and spec number so someone can look its service manual up to reference.

Hitechluddite

Threads
It is a 500 please see attached photos I swear it was a 190 but I didn’t buy it new and the hood on those things tended to break so it may not have been the original hood could’ve broke and you could’I don’t know, but that one picture sure looks like an igniter to me lol

Hitechluddite

Threads
Sorry photos were too big from phgone had tom email them to myself first. I'm guessing what I thought was the ignitor is the regulator motor.jpgignitor.jpgserial.jpg