21hp briggs and stratton will not throttle up

Randylilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone I could use a little assistance. I have a yt3000 craftsman tractor. 21hp b&s model 331977-0010-G1. I had a surging problem which I corrected by cleaning the carburetor. After reassembling, I could not get it started which resulted in removal and reassembly 3-4 times before I figured out what I did wrong. When I finally installed it it choked, started and ran at idle very smooth without surging but it will not throttle up when I manipulate the throttle handle. The cable is intact and working, the throttle linkage is attached, the linkage spring is intact and connected and the coke linkage is connected and functioning properly. With th engine off and throttle handle set to idle the throttle linkage moves freely. With the throttle at full the linkage is under tension but still moves freely. If I start and run the engine and manipulate the throttle at the carburetor the engine revs up normally but it will remain at idle when the throttle cable is manipulated. I would appreciate any assistance you could give. Thank you!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you take a few pictures of all the linkage, include the governor linkage. To me it sounds like something is either loose or connected wrong.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you rev it up, does the governor arm not move?