2022 Bad Boy Elite 54" steering complaints

Curt1940

Threads
My ZTR has a 14" travel on the steering handles from full forward to full reverse. My old ZTR's 2006 Ferris & 2017 Scag TigerCat II both have about a 6" travel on the handles. I cannot stand this much travel, my arms are fully extended in forward and the handles hit by body in full reverse. I have had to start using my other mowers, my new Elite has only 19 hours on it and I'm ready to sell it if I can't remedy the problem. Are there any mods that can be made to shorten the stroke.
Curt

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Have you contacted your dealer or Bad Boy directly to ask about adjustments? I know on my Rogue there are various steering lever-related adjustments but I don't know what they really do because I haven't had any issues to fix.

Curt1940

Threads
i have only contacted my dealer but didn't get any results. I will contact Bad Boy and see if they can help. I've had zero turns since 1995, my first being a Dixie Chopper, my second being a 2006 Ferris, my third a 2017 Scag, all being commercial rated, and now the Bad Boy Elite, rated as a residential mower but built like a commercial. All the others had very short (about 6-7 inches of steering travel) versus the Bad Boy being 15 inches. I cannot get used to that much travel between full forward and full reverse. I hope Bad Boy can help as I would hate to lose so much money on a mower with only 19 hours on it. Thanks for the reply.

Bertrrr

Threads
Been running Bad boys for about 10 years now and never ran across this issue. Most of these zero turns have mechanical stops / adjustments on the arms to keep them equal for traveling in a straight line. If I had to guess you could shorten the arms so the travel would be less drastic , sounds like something is out of adjustment , I'll look at mine today and see how it's set up.

Curt1940

Threads
I'm aware of the mechanical stops. The mower travels in a straight line, but the distance between full forward and full reverse on the handles is about 15". My other mowers (Ferris & Scag) are about 6-7". This makes it much easier to maneuver around obstacles and to go in reverse without the handles hitting my body. I guess my arms are too short lol. Thanks for the reply.

Bertrrr

Threads
I looked at mine - it's a Magnum and total travel is about 12 inches or thereabouts , from Neutral position back and forward seems to be about 6 inches each so I guess that is normal

Curt1940

Threads
Guess I will take a loss and put it up for sale, I will keep using my 17 year old Ferris IS1500Z and 6 year old Scag Tiger Cat ll, both much faster and with 1/2 the steering arm travel. I really wanted the Bad Boy Elite to be my go to mower but It won't happen. Thanks to all who responded.