2021 Snapper Hi-Vac electric start

RGK

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post on this forum
Was having a problem with electric starting and removed the battery. Have been trying to reinstall it for 2 days. How in the world does this go back in place? Just cannot get the top plate piece to fit, binding on the top, yet it was easily removed.

RGK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I watched that vid and several others. The Battery box on the Snapper does not have an open top, the battery and a cover for the battery must be slid into the box sideways and at an angle. That is when it binds. I will get a picture and post it. Baffled by this, it looks so simple.

Empty battery box
P1020618rs.JPG

The box top
P1020621rs.JPG

Bound up
P1020622rs.JPG

Together without battery
P1020624rs.JPG

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove three nuts from left side brackets & carefully remove cotter pin & washer from rod right side, see if that gives you room.

RGK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. The speed control rod is not in the way. If the 3 nuts are the ones on the speed control support, they are not in the way either. The issue is with the battery box itself. The battery was in place and removed easily. It must have to be a very particular position the battery and top have to be in as the top has a unique cut as as shown in the 2nd picture. I think all this is going to take is a lot of patience.

RGK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Resolved. Found assembly instructions for the mower on the 'net. It implies that the one bolt in front that holds the cover on is removeable. Some taps with a hammer and it came out, battery and top slid into place, bolt replaced and nut installed. Thanks for the suggestions, but the BFH solution works yet again (y)