2016 Prestige issues

ronjobmann

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I'm new to the forum and glad to have found it.

I 'inherited' a used 2016 prestige 27/52. A couple of problems maybe somebody could help with.

1. steering. i've seen various threads here on steering. Mine has power steering, tilt. There is some looseness in the u-joint when I move the steering wheel, that isn't so bad. Beyond that movement, I can move the steering wheel quite a bit and the shaft from the steering wheel to the power unit under the dash has a lot of play in it before the wheels start turning. Is there an adjustment for that?

2. backfiring when shutting down engine. It's been doing this for awhile, mostly random.

3. The lever that raises and lowers the deck (not the cutting height) works when I mess with it alot. When the deck is raised, it doesn't always stay raised. I'm not even sure where to start looking to work on this issue.

4. Belt twisting. I've gone through a couple belts recently because they end up twisting and then shredding. Cheap belts?

Thanks for any help you can provide! Seems like a good machine, hope I can keep it running.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
see pages 35 & 36 in parts manual, inspect all steering parts for being tight & secure, check for leaks at steering actuator & hose fittings. I use OEM Simplicity parts & belts. engine backfiring- adjust valves with engine cold. Deck lever left side needs to be tightened at frame mount two bolts & nuts from underneath with deck removed & handle lever locked in upright position. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark

7 belts.