2014 Pro-Turn 152 Fuel Switch Mislabeled

morreale

Forum Newbie
Threads
I noticed something yesterday right after my Gravely was delivered. I was driving it up and down the driveway trying to get used to the controls (first zero-turn & raining for the last couple days) and it began sputtering and died so I checked the "Right Tank" and it was empty. I checked the "Left Tank" and it was full. The switch was on "Right Tank" so I changed it to "LEFT TANK" and it wouldn't start. I eventually put some fuel in the "RIGHT TANK" and started it back up. While it was running I moved the switch to left and after a few seconds it died. Moved it back to "RIGHT" and started it up again. While running I moved it to "LEFT" again and when it started to sputter I moved it back to "RIGHT". I started to think the fuel hoses might have been switched so I moved it back to "LEFT" until it started to sputter and then I moved it to "OFF" and it started running normally again...back to "LEFT" and it eventually died.

TL;DR Fuel switch is mislabeled.

Anyone have this issue? I wonder if they can send me a replacement label.

in the owner's manual
manual_fuel_switch.JPG

on the machine
mower_fuel_switch.JPG

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I noticed something yesterday right after my Gravely was delivered. I was driving it up and down the driveway trying to get used to the controls (first zero-turn & raining for the last couple days) and it began sputtering and died so I checked the "Right Tank" and it was empty. I checked the "Left Tank" and it was full. The switch was on "Right Tank" so I changed it to "LEFT TANK" and it wouldn't start. I eventually put some fuel in the "RIGHT TANK" and started it back up. While it was running I moved the switch to left and after a few seconds it died. Moved it back to "RIGHT" and started it up again. While running I moved it to "LEFT" again and when it started to sputter I moved it back to "RIGHT". I started to think the fuel hoses might have been switched so I moved it back to "LEFT" until it started to sputter and then I moved it to "OFF" and it started running normally again...back to "LEFT" and it eventually died.

TL;DR Fuel switch is mislabeled.

Anyone have this issue? I wonder if they can send me a replacement label.

in the owner's manual
View attachment 20641

on the machine
View attachment 20642

That really is weird!!! My 2012 Pro-Turn 152's label looks like your top picture(from the manual). And it is obvious that there are black rubber gas line hoses coming out from under the switch where the left tank and right tank is labeled. Apparently, they put a label meant for a different model on yours. I would think that as cosmetic as it may seem that your dealer or Gravely should be happy to give you a label that is correct.

P.S.
Get read for mowing your lawn to actually be fun!!!!! You are going to love that Pro-Turn 152....I am extremely happy with mine!!!!!

morreale

Forum Newbie
Threads
yep they are. just waiting on it to come in.