2013 Simplicity Regent EX wont start

DCFATKID

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new here so I will lay out whats going on.

Model Number 2691172-00 Simplicity Regent EX 22HP Briggs and Stratton Engine.

My mower was working perfectly and then out of no where it will not start without the use of starting fluid through the air filter. Once the mower starts it runs great, and I can use it for hours. Once shut off, it will not start again.

So far I have tried the following to remedy this at home.

Two new spark plugs, New Battery, New Inline Fuel Filter, New Fuel pulse Pump, New Carburetor with associated gaskets, new intake manifold, New air filter. I also run premium gasoline only.

Confirmed that I have sufficient battery charge, and confirmed that I have spark, and confirmed that I am receiving fuel into the carb.

Any Ideas?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
are you choking it? or does it have an auto choke. and when you "Once shut off, it will not start again." you mean it will not start right after you kill it?
It sounds like either the choke isn't fully closing or the auto choke isn't working.
Give us the engine model number also, it should be stamped on the valve cover.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See page 19 in illustrated parts breakdown, many 22 h,p. engines listed, after writing down your model xxxxxx, type xxxx, trim xx google B&S Manuals to locate your manual & look for valve lash adjustment. Adjust valves with engine cold. Example below:
Operators Manual page 10 valve lash .004-.006, I adjust mine to .005.
See page 6 in Operators Manual for oil recommendations, I use Valvoline 5w30 Full Synthetic oil in my B&S Vanguard Engine, outside temperature range 0*F-100*F.

Last edited: