Export thread

2012 LTX 1050 KW PTO Switch Removal

joshuadx89

joshuadx89

About five minutes into mowing with my replacement mower the other day and it appears the PTO or PTO switch went bad as the blades disengaged and wont re-engage when I pull the switch.

I have never worked with an electric PTO before. Does anyone know if the switch can be removed from the dash from the front or will I have to remove the gas tank to remove from under the dash?

StarTech

StarTech

Depending how clearance you have. It might take removing the tank to get to the plastic tabs holding the switch in. But the switch does come from the front of the dash.

E

evh

You might want to confirm that your battery has a full charge. I have read that a low battery can cause the PTO to switch off. An easy check compared to removing the switch.

joshuadx89

joshuadx89

You might want to confirm that your battery has a full charge. I have read that a low battery can cause the PTO to switch off. An easy check compared to removing the switch.
Appreciate that. I changed the battery and still nothing. I changed the switch and now the mower wont start at all. Just bought this mower two weeks ago. In mower hell this summer.