Repairs 2010 X320

misuco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wanted to check to see if anyone else is having electrical problems with any of their 300 series tractor. My 2010 X320 has been in the shop all most as much as it's been in my shed. At around 10hrs. it had 2 starters put in, which did not correct the problem. Then supposedly the whole electrical system was changed out in spring of 2011. Tractor ran fine for the summer then started acting up again in the fall. Spring of 2012 ran fine for a month then trouble starting again. Sounds like the starter's going , but they're telling me it's a ignition switch. Making it sound like it been the ignition switch the whole time. I'm at my wits end with JD.
Any help or opinions would be appreciated !!

talley2191

Threads
Only have 15 hours on my 2012 x300, but no problems at all. I've mowed about an hour with the headlights on once as well. Perhaps an isolated issue.

misuco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input. This issue has been really aggravating.

talley2191

Threads
Can you keep us up to date? I know I always appreciate hearing the resolution to problems in here. That means hopefully they get you fixed up.

misuco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sure will. Going in to week 5 now & still no mower. I put a call into JD customer service on Tuesday to file yet another complaint and was told someone would get back to me in 3-5 days. I know the Dealer is busy with other repairs, but no one seems to care that I'm once again without my mower to cut grass. Just think JD should step up here & make things right.

talley2191

Threads
Perhaps they can assist with a loaner mower. I know my JD dealer did that for a friend.

misuco

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere Corporate never called back, like they said they would. Have a call into them again. Got the mower back after five weeks in the garage. They cleaned the battery terminals & greased the mower deck because I felt a bearing was going bad. I cleaned the battery terminals in April and grease the deck religiously, so this was all a waste of time. Since being returned, I had one sporadic issue with starting & the mower deck is just as loud as it was when I sent it to get repaired.

soulman

Threads
The JD dealers in my area make their money selling and servicing 150/250K AG tractors and combines, they treat the residential customer like a minor annoyance. Unfortunately, every dealer within 50/75 miles is owned by the same conglomerate.

frankr

Forum Newbie
Threads
You bring up an interesting point. When I purchased a used GX75, I called around to see about getting it repaired. That's when I first learned that only an authorized JD dealer can repair JD equipment. I was told that only a JD dealer can order JD parts. Funny, because I assume that I could go in and buy parts; why couldn't some other repair shop do the same thing? Anyway, that's a different question. My point is that I noticed that while they were very nice, polite, and explained exactly what was wrong with the GX; even showing me the schematics of the transmission and mower deck; when it comes to actually fixing it, they seem more interested in working on the big tractors. They say they might get to my GX this week. Good to know that if I do purchase a JD, if I need it serviced it sounds like I should count on several weeks before I get it back? Is that the normal experience you guys have had with getting lawn tractors serviced by JD?