Export thread

2010 compact diesel pump belt issues

B

BigBear

I’m looking for some help on what is causing the belt to have so much slack in it and the adjuster is maxed out. It has a new belt from dealer(aftermarket part not OE bad boy)

B

BigBear

this is a picture of it

Attachments

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

belts can be put in wrong sleeves, (different dimensions) or sometimes just plain wrong in the length. even if it does come from the dealer.
What is the model of your mower?

M

MParr

Do you still have the old belt? If so, measure it and compare to the new one.
@Scrubcadet10 is correct.

B

BigBear

Old belt got eaten up when pump pulley came off.

M

MParr

Now we are getting somewhere. If the wrong pulley and belt were installed that could be your problem. Could you give us your model number and serial number?

B

BigBear

This is what I can find

Attachments

B

BigBear

It was the key that sheared off the shaft that holds the pulley. Same OE pulley

I

ILENGINE

Is it possible that the dealer gave you the pump belt for the mower with the 72 inch deck and not the pump belt for the mower with the 60 inch deck. About 2 inch difference in length and the 72 is listed first in the parts manual.

M

MParr

Here’s your belt: https://www.stens.com/266-212-oem-replacement-belt
I’ll bet that the dealer gave you the belt for the 72” mower. The 72” pump belt is about 2” longer.

B

BigBear

I didn’t know there was a difference dealing with the pump. I will try a different dealer and try to get OE part. I believe it’s the belt.

M

MParr

I believe you are right. Can you return the other one?
Look on page #20

B

BigBear

I will get the stens belt and try it.

B

BigBear

I’m not sure but I can ask if they will just swap out

M

MParr

I’m not sure but I can ask if they will just swap out
They should

B

BigBear

Your right they did swap no questions. Now I just got to go put it on. It showed to be shorter next to the old one so I should be back and running again.

M

MParr

Your right they did swap no questions. Now I just got to go put it on. It showed to be shorter next to the old one so I should be back and running again.
Yahoo!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

hope it works!!

B

BigBear

Bingo! Amazing! When you get the right belt Lol.
Thanks for the help. If anybody needs help putting on a AOS pump belt. Send me a post.