2007 Promaster 44Z hydraulic oil purging procedure after hydraulic hose replacement.

satman858

Threads
  • / 2007 Promaster 44Z hydraulic oil purging procedure after hydraulic hose replacement.
Hi guys,

I will be replacing a leaking hydraulic hose line that had a pinhole leak from my existing hydraulic hose, and nowhere in the Gravley manual does it give me the purging procedure for bleeding the air out of my two hydraulic pumps. If any has a Promaster 44Z or 34Z and has information that can help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / 2007 Promaster 44Z hydraulic oil purging procedure after hydraulic hose replacement.
You will need Model & Serial numbers 6 digits each to locate your Manual.

satman858

Threads

mechanic mark,

Thank you for your reply.

My model number is 991023 and my serial number is 000145

However, I have now replaced the hydraulic hose and purged the system. Since I had a Hydro-Gear hydraulic system on my Gravley model I followed the video linked below. The only thing that happen differently than what the guy says in the video is when I opened the bypass valves on the two pumps, my wheel axles turned in spite of the valves being open. Maybe that was because of the fact that he did this with the wheels on the mower, and the weight of those wheels is the reason why the wheels did not turn when he did the purge with the bypass valves opened. What do you think mechanic mark?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of the units with pumps and wheel motors will turn the wheels when you purge the system. The IZT units won't.

satman858

Threads
Most of the units with pumps and wheel motors will turn the wheels when you purge the system. The IZT units won't.
hlw49,

Thank you for your informational reply.

I just found it odd that even though I had the wheels off the unit, in spite of what the video indicated with the bypass valves opened, and it said that they would not turn, the wheel motors the wheels attached to were still spinning with those bypass valves opened.