2007 LT 1045

STACKER

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Lt 1045. The battery is new, the starter is good. When I turn key on you can see starter jumps up to the fly wheel and tries to turn flywheel and it can't. Its seems like it has to much compression and it cant turn. Kept bumping the key and now it starts every time. I've been having this problem for awhile. Is it the valves sticking? I know it will happen again.

Can anyone tell me what they think it is that I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks

Ifixdit

Threads
I have a Lt 1045. The battery is new, the starter is good. When I turn key on you can see starter jumps up to the fly wheel and tries to turn flywheel and it can't. Its seems like it has to much compression and it cant turn. Kept bumping the key and now it starts every time. I've been having this problem for awhile. Is it the valves sticking? I know it will happen again.

Can anyone tell me what they think it is that I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks

I would start by checking your oil level to ensure it is not overfull. If it's WAY overfull you have a carb flooding the crankcase issue which needs a carb rebuild to correct. If your oil level is OK, remove the spark plug which releases all compression and see if the engine will turn over. If it does you'll know that there is most likely not any internal damage to the engine. If it turns over fine I would put the spark plug back in and remove the valve cover and make sure nothing has come loose and that the valve gaps are set properly. You didn't hit anything while mowing did you? If so, you should pull the engine shroud and remove the flywheel NUT only and see if the flywheel key is sheared. You can check the flywheel key without removing the flywheel. A sheared key will throw the timing off and make it about impossible to start. Get back with us on what progress you have made.

Rokon

Threads

Thanks

Which engine in your 1045?

STACKER

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would start by checking your oil level to ensure it is not overfull. If it's WAY overfull you have a carb flooding the crankcase issue which needs a carb rebuild to correct. If your oil level is OK, remove the spark plug which releases all compression and see if the engine will turn over. If it does you'll know that there is most likely not any internal damage to the engine. If it turns over fine I would put the spark plug back in and remove the valve cover and make sure nothing has come loose and that the valve gaps are set properly. You didn't hit anything while mowing did you? If so, you should pull the engine shroud and remove the flywheel NUT only and see if the flywheel key is sheared. You can check the flywheel key without removing the flywheel. A sheared key will throw the timing off and make it about impossible to start. Get back with us on what progress you have made.

Thanks Ifixdit

The oil level is fine, I just changed the oil. It would not start again same thing was happening. I removed the plug and it cranked right over. Is it difficult to fool with the valves, I don't know much about the internals of an engine, but I can changed parts that I know are broken, is this a fairly simple job, what should I look for if I was to take off the valve cover?

Thanks again for your time

mrfred54

Threads
put the sparkplug in and take the plug wire off and see if it will roll over . if it will roll over with no spark to the plug it is probably key on flywheel. if it does not roll over you will have to check the valve adjustment