2006 Hustler Mini Fastrack with Honda engine

cwtex04

Threads
I have a 2006 Mini Fastrack with the Honda GXV530 motor . I’ve had it since new and have approximately 1400 hrs on it . The last couple of years it has developed a oil leak that I cannot pin point . It’s seems to be around the bottom part of the motor and possibly more do at the governor arm where it’s attached to the block . It’s not a bad leak but enough to cause a mess on the motor. Do you think some kind or oil stop leak would help ? I always check oil level before mowing . It doesn’t seem to be burning any oil so a leak seems to be the only loss of oil . Mower has been great , I’m on my second set of ignition coils . That’s the only mower or motor related issues I’ve had in 16 years . Just not sure about using any type of oil leak stop . Your opinions are welcome.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Locate your Engine Specific from website above for gaskets, seals, parts etc.
Remove blower housing & clean engine by hand, no water. Especially air vanes at both heads for engine cooling.

Start engine & let it warm up 10 - 15 minutes then shut her down. Spray engine degreaser to clean engine while it's warm & let her drip dry then wipe her down. Change oil & filter if oil is dirty & check air filter. After checking oil level on dipstick place a piece of clean cardboard under engine warm her up again looking for leaks with work light. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark

Last edited:

cwtex04

Threads
It’s been a great mower . Still has original pumps and spindles . Only routine maintenance, batteries, blades and one set of tires in over 16 years . I have bought ignition coils and a air box that I cracked from Honda parts . Just don’t think I want to tear into the motor. I think my leak is coming from where governor rod arm goes through the oil pan part of the lower block . Seals can only be replaced from inside. If I can flow leak some I can live with it . I’m probably going to purchase a new and larger Fastrack this spring and use my old one for small areas. My mini is a 42” cut and I probably need a 52”.