2003-0038 peerless Hydrostat.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
On a Stanley rider. The model number is not legible But it looks just like this one. Partstree diagram shows 525607x692A. But the transmission isn't available there, or many other sites I've tried. So I'm not sure.
1585929767589.png

Anywho, the transmission has one speed. Extremely slow. Mash the footfeet all the way to floor, and give it the gas, and it's still slow. The pulleys are good. The belt is a little loose, but not so loose that it's slipping. I've have it adjusted all the way out. So, I'm thinking it's in the transmission.
I'm not sure how these work, so I'm guessing adding or replacing the fluid would fix it. But was thinking it could be something else. And hoping for a little insight on these before I start heading down a dead end road. Especially the type of fluid I'd need.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The hydro pump on the LTH2000 series were never rebuild-able. For service download the LTH2000 service manual. But you even try to take this hydro unit you need to make an alignment tool. This tool is no longer available.

If you find the SM I can email you a copy of the one I have here.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The hydro pump on the LTH2000 series were never rebuild-able. For service download the LTH2000 service manual. But you even try to take this hydro unit you need to make an alignment tool. This tool is no longer available.

If you find the SM I can email you a copy of the one I have here.

I just read about 90% of that. And I can tell you, I'm not going to have all those specific Tecumseh part #'ed items. Like Lubriplate grease part # 730272,