2000 Craftsman 917.273070 GT

Laone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a questiom to boot. My old Craftsman riding mower of 22 years gave up the ghost this past summer. Hated to see it go. Wasn't worth the time, money or effort to fix. I rebuilt everything on that mower at least once and somethings as much as three times. I more than got my moneys worth. I have been using it as my "rough" cut mower in areas where you would not want to chance banging up the zero turn. Getting a zero turn stuck is no fun and at twice the weight of a regular riding mower, I just don't have the where with all to strugle with that any more. My daughter's neighbor down the street saw my dilemma when my old Craftsman quit and wanted to know if I wanted another one similar to the one I have. Sure, why not? Mine was a smaller LT and this one was a larger GT model. And it was free. I don't know if free was a good term to use. I had to replace the starter, carb, battery and one rear tire to get it running and moving. I then replaced the deck spindles, spindle pulleys, and other deck pulleys along with the blades. In this part of the country, I've never seen a GT. This thing is a beast. 5' long, 3' wide and the turning radius of school bus. But the 22HP Kohler engine has a lot more torque that Briggs 19.5HP and has about a 2" higher center. Not as easy to get stuck in wet muddy areas. This thing is in very good shape and not seen a whole lot of use. It is probably from the northern states where mowing isn't 9 months out of the year like here. The only rust is confined to the mower deck. A few very small rust holes but pretty solid. The question I have is this. Were there or is there any attachments that would go with this thing besides a mower deck? Somthing like this was probably used up north with a snow plow attachment. I wondering if anyone knew of some kind of push plow blade or grader blade for these models. This lawn tractor would be good for use next year to spread gravel in my storage shed. I have a Kubota 22 HP tractor and a John Deere 44HP tractor that is just too big and tall to do that kind of work under a roofed shed. I can dump the gravel in there but won't be able to spread it.