Engine 20.5 hp B&S ... Won't stay running!

barney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys! Need some help here, I have a craftsman 20.5 hp (says limited edition) would not start after winter and shame on me I did not empty the gas or put stabilizer in the fuel either... First was no spark the ignition coil was the culprit and I changed that... It started but only ran for 30. Seconds or so... Took carburetor off gave it a cleaning
(Used YouTube for a quick look at the how to do it) took out float and needle and shot every hole I could see with carb cleaner... Put it back together and again started right away but only ran for 30 seconds or so and quit... I have also drained the fuel tank and blew out the lines and changed fuel filter... Any other suggestions or maybe's would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks Barney

lawnguy67

Threads
Is the float taking on gas in your carburetor?

barney

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm embarrassed to say but I had the new ignition coil installed upside down..... Geez! I should definitely keep my glasses with me when working on this stuff... Mower runs great now... Better than ever!..thanks to all! (I did learn something though)..... Thanks guys!