Engine 2 replaced magnetos (ignition modules) on rider mower.

hrdman2luv

Threads
  • / 2 replaced magnetos (ignition modules) on rider mower.
I put the new magneto on today, and it ran fine. Like normal.. 3rd one in less than 10hrs of use. Weather permitting, I'm going to check a few things tomorrow. I know there was no electricity coming through the kill wire... Could it be two bad magneto's? Seems those things hardly ever go bad...

Maybe these "new and improved" parts aren't so improved... I noticed it wasn't the same as the one that came it when I got it. But Parts Direct says it's a correct substitute....

hntrsr

Threads
I don't think your magneto was bad from what you did It seems the ground to the magneto was missing.
When you connected the test light between the negative battery terminal and the plug wire you provided a ground
though the coil. Congrats and good luck

hrdman2luv

Threads
I don't think your magneto was bad from what you did It seems the ground to the magneto was missing.
When you connected the test light between the negative battery terminal and the plug wire you provided a ground
though the coil. Congrats and good luck

I was thinking about putting a ground wire from the magneto to the frame, just to see. But didn't because when I touched the test light (grounded at the - battery post, it didn't work like when I stuck into the plug wire...

If this magneto goes, then I'll be back to step one... Once again.