2.5 acres - Liberty Z 52 Purchased - Need Feedback

ddevito

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve narrowed down my mower search down to a Scag Liberty Z. I have 2.5 manicured acres plus another 0.5 or so of rough to cut on average, so I need something tough and reliable. I’ve been scouring the area looking for used commercial grade mowers - Scag Cheethas, Kubota Diesels, etc and while I always appreciate the brute strength of commercial mowers the wear and tear exhausted on them gives me pause (it’s how I found up in this situation again after 6 years from buying a used beaten up John Deere front mounted F932).

So after doing homework I purchased a Liberty Z 52, gets delivered 4/21. Someone online in a different forum recommended the 52 over the 61 because the frame was the same size and it cut slightly better since there is a bigger chance of scalping some areas with the 61.

The only thing that is giving me pause in thinking I made a potential mistake (or get a better value) is the 52’s ZT2800 vs the 61’s 3100. For 2.5 acres of relatively flat (I have one small hill and not many obstacles, my lot is a giant rectangle) will the ZT2800 last me a long time? I can get the 61 for $500 more, not sure if it’s worth it. I’ll add that I do have some a couple tight spots in my front lawn at my house that I always like keeping looking great - I would imagine a 61” deck there may be a small issue. Just wondering.

Anyone with a Scag Liberty that would like to share their experience with owning one? Just want to make sure I get reliable and awesome performance from the 52.

Last edited:

Bludevll

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 52” liberty z in March. I mow 1.5 acres and it has cut my mow time down big time. I love it and the quality of cut it gives.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here is some on the Hydros that might make feel better about the ZT2800 and the 52" deck. Just note your body weight is part of the gross vehicle weight.
$RG5JLVF.JPG